07 February 2012

Home Tour: Study

It's been a while since I did a home tour post.  I thought I'd share the study with you today.  Above is what it looked like before we renovated.  The cabinets were the same color as the kitchen, which I wasn't too crazy about.  I am so excited about these built ins because it feels like a personal library and there is great storage down below. 
We decided to paint the cabinets San Antonio Gray by Benjamin Moore.  The walls are Classic Gray like the rest of the house.  The floor was sanded and restained a darker color as well.  This space doubles as a reading space and cc's office. 
We found the bench and the mirror at the same estate sale.  These are two of my favorite pieces.  The bench is exceptionally long and I don't love it in this space, but for now it's the only place it fits and I don't want to part with it.  The seat folds up and there is storage inside of it.  I wanted our favorite girls to be able to reach their books so I put them in this old tool box.  It can easily be moved to the living room to lounge around and read. 
This is one of my favorite spots in the house.  Not only does the window provide a lot of natural light, it has a great view of the neighborhood.  I needed a side table so I used this old Dr. Pepper cooler we had and turned the lid upside down for a flat surface. 
We have an open concept house.  The study is open to the entry and living room. 
These are a few of the treasures we have in the study.  The owl picture came from an estate sale, classic books on an old radio (including my mom's copy of Mark Twain that she read in grade school), cc's soda bottle collection next to our mouse in the house, and a light fixture cover that my friend's daughter made. 

This room is complete in terms of major renovations.  Over time I'll play with the arrangement, but for now, I'm calling it finished, and can be found here most Sundays visiting with my Nebraska family over the phone.

Jump To...
Tour the Kitchen
Tour the Mudroom

++++++++++++




For the month of February I am working on raising scholarship money to send kids from low income families to an outdoor school.  Will you help me?  Click here to read my story and to donate to this worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.