12 March 2012

DIY Gift Sack

This weekend was fairly laid back because of the wet weather hanging over Texas.  I ended up watching the entire first season of Downton Abbey. I can see why everyone is hooked.  I loved it and I can't wait to start on season two.  

The weekend also lent a lot of time in the studio.  I finally got around to making this gift sack for my new nephew.  I'm the auntie that likes to fill their library so I got him three wonderful books in honor of his arrival to our family, and I needed a little library sack to send them to him.  I used remnants of some fabric I had from another project, and used a piece of twine for the drawstring.  

These sacks are easy to make and can add a little something to any gift you are giving.  The bonus: they're reusable.  They won't tear like paper sacks and they can be used for other purposes.  This website has a variety of patterns.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.