27 March 2012

Road Trip | Austin

I'm not sure if it's the change in time or the fact I was away from home two weekends in a row, but I am exhausted.  I've got a to-do list a mile long and while I can see the results of my labor the list doesn't seem to be diminishing.  All in time I suppose.  In addition to the spring break weekend we went to Austin last weekend and I'm sharing a few pics of our impromptu road trip today. 
We went to have lunch with a woman that cc follows.  Her name is Catherine Austin Fitts and she has an amazing story.  I walked in as a favor to cc and I walked out a believer.  It wasn't that kind of meeting.  I just found other like minded folks around my table.  Let's just say that the word permaculture has been added to my list of things to conquer. 

We stayed at the Hotel Allandale, which was interesting.  They turned an apartment complex into hotel suites.  It was quiet and clean which is all I really need anyway.
We enjoyed the day as much as we could.  Just being in Austin is a joy.  I absolutely love it.  I would move in a heartbeat if it were ever possible.  They may go overboard with the keep Austin weird slogan, but it works.  It's weird and I feel right at home.  
We took a walk down South Congress Ave and hit our favorite shopping spots.  Then we parked it on the patio at Doc's for happy hour to slow the pace for a while.  As the sun was setting I was enjoying an ice cold beer and watching some of the most interesting Austinites.
On our way back to Big D we stopped by North Haven Gardens in Dallas.  They had so many succulents.  I wanted to buy them all.  I know they are supposed to be easy to care for, but I just end up killing them so I just admired these from afar.  We did come home with quite a few plants and worked like crazy getting things in the ground.

I'll get back in the swing of things by next week.  Are you having trouble with the time change or is it just me?  All I want to do is lay in the grass with the sun on my face and take a long, long nap.  


++photos taken with my iPhone++

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.