A clothes dryer is an energy sucker. It costs about 30 to 40 cents per load of laundry in an electric dryer. That will add up over the lifespan of your dryer. There are so many options, including a few for small spaces, to air dry your laundry. If you have the space, install a clothesline in your yard. If you don't have a yard, use a drying rack and place it out on a patio or by a sunny window.
There is nothing better than the smell of truly fresh laundy anyway. Line dry your sheets once and you'll have the best night of sleep.
Here are 5 more reasons to line dry your clothes.
10. Avoid plastic-ware
9. Don't throw anything away
8. Get off the grid for a day
7. Put out a bucket or barrel to capture the rain
6. Limit Energy Consumption
5. Take reusable sacks to the store - Every store
4. Use natural dyes for Easter eggs
3. Buy from a local business
1. Clean the air in your home by purchasing house plants to filter the air.